To set up product types:
I- Navigate to “Setup->Sales->Product Types”
To add a new product type:
- Click on the “+” button located on the right side of page.
- Set the “Product Type Name”.
- Click “OK”.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to add more product type.
- When all product types are added, click on “Save Product Types” button.
To change product types:
- Click on the product types you want to modify.
- Apply the changes and click “OK”
- Repeat step 1 and 2 for all the product types you want to change.
- Click on “Save Product Types” button once done.
To merge product types(Remove):
Merge process allows you to remove a product type from your system. However because your sales are related to the product types, you have to use merge process to remove the product types. Merge procedure combines two product types into one product type.
- Select the primary product type – product type you want to keep.
- Click “Merge – Select Primary Product Type”.
- Select the secondary product type – product type you want to remove.
- Click “Merge – Select Secondary Product Type”.
- Click “OK” to confirm the merge.