To set up Taxes:
I- Navigate to “Setup->Taxes”
To add a new tax:
- Click on the “+” button located on the right side of page.
- Set whether the tax is inclusive or exclusive.
- Set the “Tax Name”.
- Set the “Tax Short Name”.
- Set the tax percentage (i.e. 0.15 for 15% tax)
- Click “OK”.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to add more taxes.
- When all taxes are added, click on “Save Changes” button.
To enable taxes
- Navigate to “Setup and then Services”.
- For each service select the appropriate tax.
- Save the changes by clicking “Save Services”.
To change taxes:
- Click on the taxes you want to modify.
- Apply the changes and click “OK”
- Repeat step 1 and 2 for all the taxes you want to change.
- Click on “Save Changes” button once done.
To merge taxes(Remove):
Merge process allows you to remove a tax from your system. However because your sales/orders are bound to the taxes, merge process should be used to remove the taxes. Merge procedure combines two taxes into one tax.
- Select the primary tax – the tax you want to keep.
- Click “Merge – Select Primary Tax”.
- Select the secondary tax – the tax you want to remove.
- Click “Merge – Select Secondary Tax”.
- Click “OK” to confirm the merge.