To set up Payment Methods:
Navigate to “Setup->Payment Methods”
To add a new payment method:
- Click “+” button to add.
- Set “Payment Method Display Text” which is the text appear when selecting a payment method.
- Set the “Account Code”; you can use the “Account Code” to export your income and import into your accounting system.
- Set the “Payment Method Type”; This is the physical form of the payment: Cash, Card, Cheque, Bank Transfer, Other.
- If “Open Cash Drawer” is checked, any time a payment of this type is received, the drawer will open automatically.
- If “Include In Total” is checked, the payment of this type will be included in the report totals.
- Click “OK”.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 to add more payment methods.
- When all payment methods are added, click on “Save” button.
To change payment methods:
- Click on the payment method you want to modify.
- Apply the changes and click “OK”
- Repeat step 1 and 2 for all the payment methods you want to change.
- Click on “Save” button.
To merge payment methods(Remove):
Merge process allows you to remove a payment method from your system. However because all the payments from your previous orders and sales are bound to the payment method, merge process should be used to remove the payment method. Merge procedure combines two payment methods into one.
- Select the primary payment method – the payment method you want to keep.
- Click “Merge – Select Primary Payment Method”.
- Select the secondary payment method- the payment method you want to remove.
- Click “Merge – Select Secondary Payment Method”.
- Click “OK” to confirm the merge and remove the secondary payment method.