What is a service?
The Services tab is to set up your services. The main purpose of creating a “Service” is to have a separate serial number for a group of tasks. For example if you provide alterations and dry cleaning service in your store at the same time, you might want to have all your dry cleaning orders start with letter D and all your alterations orders start with letter A.
This way, as soon as you see a receipt, you will be able to identify the service by its prefix. Another advantage is being able to use the charts to see the progress on each service separately.
Generally each business have less than 5 services to take care of. Avoid using too many services because you will end up have so many different order numbers that are hard to manage with no real advantage.
To set up Services:
I- Navigate to “Setup->Services”
To add a new service:
- Click on the “+” button located on the right side of page.
- Set “Display Order” services appear on the charts (the lower the number, the lower on the chart; Tools -> Charts).
- Set the “Service Name”.
- Set the “Service Prefix”. i.e. A creates order numbers with prefix of A like A1, A2 …
- Tax: Choose the tax you would like to apply to the service. Set up taxes here.
- Set the “Default Offer” you would like to apply to the service. This offer automatically gets selected when placing the order. you can deselect at anytime.
- Set the “Default Affiliate” you would like to apply to the service. This affiliate automatically gets selected when placing the order. you can deselect at anytime. (Tools -> Charts)
- Set “Chart Color”.
- “Include in soon to pickup alert”: if checked service will be included in the report. Get more information about soon to pickup window.
- Make sure “Enabled” is checked to enable the service.
- “Print Wet Tag” will print a wet tag (dry cleaning and laundry) when placing any order using this service.
- “Image”: a preview of the image used by the service. This image can be removed by using the “Remove Image” button or can be changed using the “Select New Image” button.
- Click “OK”.
- Repeat steps 1 to 13 to add more services.
- When all services are added, click on “Save Services” button.
To use services
- Navigate to “Setup and then Order Details”.
- For each task in the tasks table, select the appropriate service.
- Save the changes by clicking “Save All Changes”.
To change services:
- Click on the services you want to modify.
- Apply the changes and click “OK”
- Repeat step 1 and 2 for all the services you want to change.
- Click on “Save Services” button.
To merge services(Remove):
Merge process allows you to remove a service from your system. However because your orders are bound to the services, merge process should be used to remove the services. Merge procedure combines two services into one service.
- Select the primary service – the service you want to keep.
- Click “Merge – Select Primary Service”.
- Select the secondary service – the service you want to remove.
- Click “Merge – Select Secondary Service “.
- Click “OK” to confirm the merge.