- Migration Table
- Migration Guide
- New Features
- Features Coming Soon
- Closing the Register
- Setting up printer and cash drawer
- Create a support ticket
It was late 2006 that we decided to create Geelus. Back then, the iPhone hadn’t been invented, web was basic and certainly cloud based systems were not as popular. If you remember, Nokia was still the top selling mobile brand in the planet!
We created Geelus using the best technologies available back then, trying to support Mac and Pc and hopefully one day mobile phones when they are more mature.
Our first production release was ready early 2008 and all of a sudden, we were flooded with all people joining our software and starting to use Geelus in their stores.
Over time, mobile phones and tablets became the primary means of doing anything, from sending a simple email to doing your accounting or managing your business…
So why not bringing the entire Geelus into the phones?
So we decided to re-create Geelus to be able to support tablets and phones from day one. Around mid 2014 after about a year of planning and discussing all the required features, we finally started programming the new Geelus. We wanted to make it so flexible that it can meet all our customers’ requirements and at the same time being able to run it on all mobile devices and tablets meaning the Entire Software and not just part of it!
June 2017, after 3 years of development, we successfully went live with our first store and we gradually added 3 more stores for our alpha testers. After 6 months of constant test and development, we feel like Geelus is now ready to be available to our customers for beta testing.
Please note that Geelus is still in beta and it might still have some bugs. It could take another 3-6 months for us to fix all bugs and release the final version to the public. We are releasing this version for people who love to adapt the best and newest technologies in their stores as early as possible.
We will continue developing Geelus to the perfection and sincerely hope you enjoy the new Geelus 🙂
Can I have someone provide me with training and support on the new software over the phone?
We do not provide any phone support / training on the new software until the final version is released. The beta version is to allow our current clients have a chance of using the new software and be prepared for it before everybody else.
How long will the previous Geelus be supported?
Microsoft Silverlight will be supported until the October 2021, but similar to Windows XP, you will be able to use it as long as you do not upgrade your “Internet Explorer” or “Firefox” Browser. We will however, continue to support the previous Geelus until the end of 2030. When you make the switch to the new software, your current account can be switched to “Read-Only” mode to disallow accidental data entry.
Will my customers be accessible in the new Geelus?
You can easily import all your customers into the new Geelus by navigating to “Settings -> Import” in the new Geelus.
Will my pricing be imported?
You can easily import all order details setup and pricing structure into the new Geelus by navigating to “Settings -> Import” in the new Geelus. This will also import your Taxes and behind the scenes created relevant attributes and categories in the new Geelus.
Can I access my previous customer history in the new Geelus?
This is not possible at this stage. We will soon provide a connection between the two software applications. We have not yet decided about the extents of this connection, but for now we have decided on income report connection. This means your payment’s report will eventually include the payment data from the previous Geelus.
Can I use both software applications at the same time?
Absolutely! You can continue using both applications at the same time. We can also switch your previous account to read only mode to avoid any accidental data entry.
Can I access my previous income report in the new Geelus?
This is not possible at this stage, but we are actively working on it to make it possible in the near future.
How much will the software cost?
Since the new software has a lot more features than the previous software, we have not yet decided about the pricing structure, but the good news is that it’s not going to be more expensive than the previous Geelus when you use the same features set.
Is the new software as user friendly as the previous one?
The new Geelus has been created according to the Google’s material design specs and this makes it really easy to learn and work with. Please find out more on https://material.io/ website.
How can I learn the new Geelus? Where can I start?
You can start by signing up for the new Geelus on the following page
- Once logged in, you can see the help link on the main menu. This will take you though how to get started and the migration guide.
|Previous Geelus||New Geelus|
|Tools -> Income Report||Reports -> Payments|
|Tools -> Orders Report||Transaction History|
|Complete||Collection + Done + Payment (A transaction is automatically completed when all items are done, paid and collected)|
|Soon to Pick-up||Transaction History -> Overdue|
|Daily Pick-up||Transaction History -> By Due Date|
Please use the steps below to migrate to Geelus:
- Click here to sign up for to the new Geelus.
- Follow the prompts to create your account and confirm your details.
- Geelus will automatically log you into your newly created account.
- Using the main menu on the left, navigate to “Settings -> Imports”.
- If you are using previous Geelus, on the import from previous Geelus section:
- Click import customers and follow the prompts.
- Click import items, taxes, layout.. to import all your settings
- If you are using another software application, on the import from csv file:
- Click import customers and follow the prompts
- Click import items and follow the prompts
- Works on all devices including iPhone, iPad, all Android phones, linux, even on your XBOX One
- Combines Sales and Orders named “Transactions”
- Ability to have unlimited text message, email and print templates and use them at any time
- Html editor for your email templates.
- Offline mode allowing you to continue placing orders while offline
- Multiple store support
- Multiple register support
- Customize your attributes (in the previous Geelus it was only “Task” and “Task Detail”, now you can have other attributes like color)
- Multi-Layout support to perfectly display your items
- Product/Service search upon entry
- Ability to create different processes
- Advanced “Role” system to prevent unauthorized access to any page. You can now create any number of roles in your system and customize them to suit your requirements.
- Multiple tax support
- Automated actions to allow granular level of automation for anything from sending a text message to printing a receipt
- Improved time-sheet system allowing to view all employee’s totals and adding manual entry
- Employee comparison chart
- Easy customer import using csv file format
- Easy product/service import using a csv file format
- Theming support (at the moment dark and light themes – more themes to come)
- Categorize your transactions without the need to have a separate transaction number sequence (relevant reports to come later)
- One pin number entry to do everything
- Notes on entire transaction
- Notes when setting a job done/processed
- Applying discount/surcharges to the entire transaction (rather than each item separately)
- Open API for integration with other software applications.
Features coming soon
- Account base system
- Order export
- Customer export
- Loyalty points system
- Store credit system
- SMS report
- Email marketing integration
- Report based on services (Categories in the new system)
- Seamless connection between the previous Geelus and the new one to allow to view income report for previous dates. (other information awaiting decision)
- Customer’s dedicated page to allow customer access to all their previous transactions and paying for invoices online
- Payment processing integration
Place a new transaction
To place a new transaction, click on the “New Transaction” on the main menu, add items to the transaction, enter customer information, and click on “Pay” on the bottom right corner for payments. Entering the customer information is optional, but can make it mandatory.
On the “Pay” page, you can enter “Due Date Time”, amount paying now and the payment method. If you have added a customer, you will have 2 more options:
- Layby: is an item that customer pays for (partially or in full) but is not collected until later
- On account: is for items that are not paid in full initially. For partial payments, enter the amount paying now and select payment method. Then, click “On account” button.
To calculate change, enter the full amount in the “Amount Paying Now” box (like $100) and select payment method (like Cash). Geelus will calculate and show you the change on the following page.
If you have defined some automated actions for the register, you can choose whether it’s going to be processed or not on the “Review” page that is shown after “Pay” page. Automated actions are actions that are triggered after an event. It includes printing or emailing invoices upon placing a transaction or opening the cash drawer. To find out more, check Automated actions.
To edit an item, make the following changes on the number of quantities, pricing, and add a note on the transaction by clicking the edit button.
Ex. Trousers of 6 pcs. and the customer mentioned 5 only. To edit the item details click the edit button and add 1 trouser by clicking the + 1 button.
- Click on button to edit an item.
- Under order quantity select on these buttons to either decrease or increase the quantity by 5 or by 1.
- Beside the current price is the option to change it by clicking “Change base price” and enter the new price. Add notes by clicking this button select and click on at the top right corner to confirm changes.
To remove an item from the transaction, click on the button below.
Ex. The customer have 4 jeans for laundry and 6 casual dresses for repair, and then she realized that 1 casual dress is ok and does not need any fixing. So we remove the item from the transaction.
Adding (a sub-item) to an item. An example of this is adding several tasks to one item.
i.e. Customer has a pair of trousers to be shortened and taken in:
Processing a Transaction
Users/employees can update the system about the jobs they have been processing by following the steps below:
- Navigate to “Transaction History” on the main menu.
- Search transaction by either order number or customer details (first name, last name or phone number) by clicking on the search button on the top right corner.
- Hit the 3 dots located on the transaction record
- Select “Mark all done”
- Enter the percentage of the task done. i.e. 50
- You can also add notes to the item and click on save
- The order status is changed to Progressed.
If you wish to set each item processed individually:
- If you are not on the transaction pop-up page, click on the transaction to show the details
- Click 3 dots on the right side of the task.
- Click “Mark done!”
- For items with quantity of more than 1, selection window will appear to choose which item(s) is being processed.
- Add notes or set the percentage if necessary.
When the customer comes in to collect the items individually or collect it in full, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Transaction History from the main menu.
- Search for the transaction number by clicking on the search button on the top right corner and entering (or scanning) the transaction number.
- Click on the 3 dots and hit “Mark All Collected”.
- You can also set the items collected individually by clicking the 3 dots next to each item in the transaction and clicking “Mark collected”.
- For items with quantity of more than 1, selection window will appear to choose which item(s) is being collected.
Steps on how to make a transaction paid in full.
- Click on “New Transaction” in the main menu.
- Add items from the list
- Click on Pay located at the bottom left side.
- If you wish to calculate the change (for Cash payments”) enter the total amount customer pays (i.e. if the total due is $60 but customer gives you a $100 note, enter 100)
- Enter payment option either “Cash” or “Card” button.
- The total change due will show on the “Review” page.
Steps to follow when the customer partially pays for the transaction:
Note: partial payments are only allowed when customer is added to the transaction.
- Click on “New Transaction” in the main menu.
- Add items to the list
- Use search icon on the top to find or add a new customer.
- Click “Pay” located at the bottom left side.
- Enter the initial payment amount.
- Select “Cash” or “Card” button below and it will automatically calculate the remaining balance.
- Click “On-account’ button for outstanding balance. This will direct you to the “Review” page.
Steps to follow when the customer returns to pay in full the outstanding balance of the transaction made.
- Navigate to “Transaction History” from the main menu.
- Search the transaction number by clicking on the search button on the top right corner and entering or scanning the transaction number.
- Click on the 3 dots and select “Mark all collected” if customer is collecting or select “Continue” is customer if not collecting.
- (if collecting) Confirm through the small pop up window click “Mark collected”
- You will be directed to the “Pay” page to pay the remaining balance.
Park a transaction
When you want to leave a transaction unfinished (for example you wish to serve a second customer and then get back to the first one later), you will need to “Park” a transaction. Later, you can search the parked transaction and “Continue” it.
To park a transaction:
- Click on “New Transaction” in the main menu.
- Add some items from the list.
- Click 3 dots on the top right corner to open the menu.
- Select “Park”.
To continue a parked transaction:
Return / Refund a transaction
When you “Refund” a few items or the entire transaction, Geelus will add a “Returned” status to that transaction as well as adding a negatived version of the same transaction for selected items you are refunding.
To return / refund a transaction:
- Navigate to “Transaction History”.
- Search your transaction using the search on the top
- Click 3 dots on the right side of the transaction.
- Click “Return / Refund”.
- You will be taken to the order entry page with the list of items in the transaction with negative values.
- Remove items that you do not want to refund/return
- Click “Pay” to process the refund.
- Select the payment method you wish to be used for refunding.
Void a transaction
When you “Void” a transaction, Geelus will add a void status to that transaction as well as adding a negatived version of the same transaction for your records.
To void a transaction:
Permanently deleting a transaction
When you “Permanently delete” a transaction, Geelus will remove all payments, processes and items related to that transaction permanently.
To permanently delete a transaction:
Consist of customer information and transactions.
- Processes: shows the employee production over a period of time.
- Transactions: shows all the orders placed by an employee over a period of time.
- Time sheets: shows a report of all employees’ clock-in/out report over a period of time. You can click on each employee to get more details. You can also add or modify the data.
- Comparison: shows a comparison of all your employees’ production or transactions in a chart.
Give you a report of all register closures over a period of time.
- Click “Reports” on the main menu.
- Select “From” and “To” dates
- Click on the 3 dots on the right side of each report to view details, print or email the report.
- If you click “View details”, you can see detailed information about the register closure.
- On the details window, you can click the total on each payment method to see all the payments that made the total.
- Click on the “Break ups” icon to view entered cash break up.
Settings – Items
Each store is unique with different products and services offered. Items can be edited according to your store needs. Whatever your store offers and regardless of how complicated your products or services are, Geelus makes it easy for you to set them up. Geelus is universal; any kind of business can use it with the liberty to enable or disable functions to suit their criteria. There’s a wide array of options available in order to meet your requirements. Setting up the items is very important for a systematic workflow. Note that items are only displayed on the “Add New Transaction” page after adding them into the “Layout”. However, if you have a barcode scanner, you can always scan items barcode without the need to add the item to your layout.
Here is the list of options:
Item Name: The name of item you wish to appear in your invoices.
Pieces: if item consists of multiple pieces, it can be entered here.
SKU: (Stock Keeping Unit) is a product and service identification code for a product, often portrayed as a machine-readable bar code that helps track the item for inventory. When placing a transaction, you can use your barcode reader to scan your items.
Supply Price: Supply Price is a price paid to suppliers by shops and wholesalers and the price at which a company agrees to supply particular goods or services at a particular time.
Retail Price: The total price charged for a product sold to customers, which includes the manufacturer’s cost plus a retail mark-up.
Collection Tracking: If selected, you will have extra features which are related to the collection of the item i.e. Due date/time or Collection date/time or being able to set the item collected later.
Progress Tracking: If selected, the item is being treated as a “Task” and therefore you will later have the option to track the progress on an item.
Turnaround Time in Minutes: It means the amount of time taken to process a task. This option is only available if “Progress Tracking” is enabled.
Stock Tracking: when selected, Geelus will keep the track of items available in the store.
Allow Adding Sub-items: If selected, item will allow adding all the variants defined under the item.
Allow adding Additives: If selected, you will be able to add all the items that are set “Is additive”.
Sold by: Sets how you are selling an item. Available options are: Quantity, Amount and Size.
Category: The classification of products and services offered. Examples are Alterations, Haircut, Retail, Dry Cleaning, etc.
Attributes: Attributes of the item you are selling. For example if you need to add “Task” and “Task Detail” for an item, “Task” and “Task Detail” are attributes. You can then add variants that uses those attributes.
Here are some attributes: Color, Size, Task, Task Detail
Taxes: Is to add a tax to the item. Taxes need to be setup first and added to the item here.
Settings – Categories
Set up categories such as alterations, dry cleaning, tailoring, embroidery and painting. Add, remove or modify the categories according to your store needs.
- Click “Settings” on the main menu.
- Select “Categories” .
- You can add, remove or modify a category.
- Click the “plus” button on the top right corner to add a category.
- Remove a category by clicking the “delete” button.
- Modify or edit the existing category by clicking “edit” button.
- Make sure to have a “Category Name” and check the box to use a separate sequence and create a transaction number.
Settings – Layout
A layout is to organize and display your products/services (items). You can create different layouts, each related to a group of items. All the layouts need to be added to the “Register” to be displayed.
- Click “Settings” on the main menu.
- Select “Layouts” .
- Use the “+” button on the top right corner to add a new layout or click on an existing layout to edit it.
- Add an item to the layout by clicking on the “plus” button on the top right corner and selecting the items.
- Use or to move the items to the top or bottom of the list.
- Click to remove an item from the layout.
- Click “check” button on the top right corner to save the changes.
Settings – Register
A “Register” is the center of all transactions. It’s equivalent to a physical device in your store that Geelus is installed on. This is where you need to add your layouts, payment methods, discounts/surcharges, processes or automated actions.
Register name: Custom name for the register.
Cash drawer connected to printer: This is the name of the printer connected to the cash drawer. Printer name is used to open the cash drawer.
Start Hour: Set the register’s start hour, i.e. 8:00 am
End Hour: Set the register’s end hour, i.e. 6:00 pm
Layouts: Allows adding or removing layouts. Layout are created in Settings -> Layouts
Payment Methods: Allows adding or removing payment methods. Payment methods are created in Settings -> Payment Methods
Discounts/Surcharge: Allows adding or removing discounts/surcharges. Discounts/Surcharges are created in Settings->Discounts/Surcharges
Processes: Allows adding or removing “Processes”. Processes can be created in Settings -> Processes.
Actions: Allows adding or removing “Automated Actions”. Actions can be created in Settings -> Actions
Automated actions are the heart of automation in Geelus. Anything you wish to happen automatically, should be done in the automated action settings.
Here is available list of options:
- Action name: A custom name for the action
- Action type: Type of action
- Open cash drawer
- Send email
- Send text message
- Mark all done
- Mark all collected
- Depending on your choice of the Action type, you will see different options:
- Open cash drawer, you will see:
- Payment method using: allows you to select what payment method will open the drawer
- Printer name: the printer name that is connected to your cash drawer
- Print, you will see:
- Print using: this is the print template that will be used to print
- Send Email, you will see:
- Email using: this is the email template that will be used to email
- Send test message, you will see:
- Text message using: this is the text message template that will be used to send the text message
- Mark all done: no options
- Mark all collected: no options
- Open cash drawer, you will see:
- Trigger action: sets the action that triggers the automated action:
- Upon adding a new transaction
- Upon editing or continuing a transaction
- Upon any payments
- Upon payment in full
- Upon on-account payment in full
- Upon layby payment in full
- Upon transaction process
- Upon transaction done/fully processed
- Upon item collection
- When all items collected
- Upon completion (paid + done + collected)
- Upon register closure
This section allows you to create customized prints. Note that these prints are directly printed to your POS printer. Normal printers are not supported.
- Template name: A custom name for the print template
- Print type: According to your choice of “Print type”, you will have different set of tags when it comes to editing your print template.
- Printer name: Name of the printer in control panel (“Printers and Scanners” in Windows).
- Print price: includes price in transaction details
- Print barcode: Will print a barcode
- Auto-cut: Will cut the paper at the end of the receipt
- Printer type: Type and model of the printer
- Attributes to print: Only selected attributes will be printed.
- Categories to print: Only selected categories will be printed.
- Subject: the subject for your email. Your can customize the subject using the “Insert Tag” button on the right side of the Subject
- Edit template button on the top right corner allows editing the print template line by line.
- Test print button on the top right corner will open up a box to allow printing any transaction for testing the template.
This section allows you to create customized emails.
- Email type: According to your choice of “Email type”, you will have different set of tags when it comes to editing your email template.
- Attributes to email: Only selected attributes will be sent.
- Categories to email: Only selected categories will be sent.
- Reply to email: is the email address that replies will be sent to.
- Sender’s name: is the name of the sender appears on the email.
- Recipient: is the recipient of this email. You can leave it blank if this is an email intended to be sent to your customers. The recipient will be added upon sending the email.
- Subject: the subject for your email. Your can customize the subject using the “Insert Tag” button on the right side of the Subject.
- You can switch between text/html emails using the Text email / Html email toggle button.
- Email template: Allows you to edit your message template. You can use the “Insert Tag” button to add tags.
Text Message Templates
This section allows you to create customized text messages (SMS).
- Text message type: According to your choice of “Text message type”, you will have different set of tags when it comes to editing your message template.
- Sender id: (works on some countries only) allows you to set what number or text the text messages are sent from.
- Attributes to message: Only selected attributes will be sent.
- Categories to message: Only selected categories will be sent.
- Text message template: Allows you to edit your message template. You can use the “Insert Tag” button to add tags.
Time sheet feature allows business owners to keep track of employees’ entry, exit and total working time per week.
To clock-in or clock-out:
- Click “Tools” on the main menu.
- Select “Time sheet”.
- Click “Clock-in” button (top right corner).
- Clock-in button will reverse to Clock-out button allowing to clock out.
- After the end of the shift/day click “Clock-out”.
Employees can clock in/out any number of times during the day. You also have the option to set the minimum break per day and Geelus will automatically deduct that from the total worked minutes without the need to clock-in/out for break time. Navigate to “Settings -> Company” to change the minimum break.
Closing the register
Saves the state of the cash drawer and resets the cash register to zero (or float amount).
- Select “Tools” from the main menu
- Choose “Close Register”
- Add total cash and card information from your merchant processing provider
- Add notes
- Click on “Close Register” at the bottom.
- For cash breakups, please contact us and we will add the option for you.
Setting up printers and cash drawer
- Install your printer using the driver CD or from online source (if you are currently using Geelus and your printer is working, move to the next step). Please find out more details about the installation and URL to driver downloads on:
- Navigate to “Settings -> Print Templates” and create a print template.
- Add a new template by clicking on the + button on the top of the page.
- Make sure the printer name matches your printer name in “Control Panel”. If you are currently using Geelus, it should match the name of printer in “Setup -> Business Setup -> Hardware/Peripherals -> Thermal Printer Name”.
- Make sure to add the relevant attributes and categories to the print template.
- Save your changed by clicking the check on the top.
- Click edit icon on the top right corner to start editing the print template line by line.
- Download java runtime from https://java.com/en/download/ and install it.
- Downloads local services application from https://geelus.com/downloads/ls.zip
- Extract the downloaded zip file and it will create a folder called “Local Services”.
- Navigate into the folder and double click “LocalServices.jar” to run the application. This will enable direct communication between your new Geelus app and connected printers.
- You should be able a printer icon on the bottom left corner of Windows. This app will also run on Mac and Linux the exact same way.
- Add the following line to the end of your host file:
- For guide on changing the host file on all operating systems please check this page:
- Your printer and connected cash drawer should be working now. (cash drawer is connected to the back of your printer via the RJ cable.)
If you are experiencing some abnormal behaviors, please follow the steps below to clear your browser’s cache and start fresh.
- Hold CTRL + Shift and press Delete key on your keyboard while in browser (Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox/Microsoft Edge)
- The cache delete window will appear. Clear the cache by following the prompt.
- Close your browser
- Open the browser again and navigate to “https://m.geelus.com“
- You should be redirected to the login page. If not, it means your cache data is not cleared.