What is Turnaround Time?
Turnaround time is the amount of time taken to complete an order/transaction. It helps your business with 3 things:
- Guiding your staff on how much time it takes to complete a job
- Properly distribute work among your staff/employees
- It helps you avoid overbooking.
The turnaround time is computed based on:
- The Turnaround time of the item (or job).
- The “Production per hour” defined for your store. This method will be used if the turnaround time of the item is zero.
How does Turnaround time help avoid overbooking?
First, please make sure that the following have been setup:
- Your employees’ working schedule. Please check this link for reference.
- Your store’s production per hour, or,
- The Turnaround time of the item (or job)
When you pick a due date for a transaction, Geelus will show the following:
- Working: Which employees are working on that date.
- Total: The sum of working hours of the Employees working on that date.
- This transaction: The number of hours the transaction will take. This is based firstly, on the item’s turnaround time. If there’s no turnaround time set for the item, it will be based on your Store’s production per hour.
- Total to do: The number of hours already booked for that date.
- Remaining: The number of hours you can still book for that date.
The example above tells you that:
- There are 3 employees working on that date.
- Your store can accommodate 24 hours worth of jobs in total for that date.
- That this transaction needs 10 hours to complete.
- That you already have 5 hours worth of jobs to do for that date.
- You can still accommodate 19 hours worth of jobs for that date.
Geelus will then calculate these information and tell you your production status for your chosen due date:
- Normal: You can book on the day without exceeding your production capacity.
- Do not book: If you book this transaction on the selected date, you will exceed your production capacity.
- Overbooked: The selected date has already exceeded its production capacity.
Setting up your Store’s Production per Hour
Here is a guide on how to set up your Store’s “Production per hour”:
- Navigate to “Settings > Store”.
- Under the “General” tab, enter your estimated amount for your store’s “Production per hour”.
- Click the “Check” button to save the changes.
The example above has set $100 as the store’s production per hour. This means that a $100 job will take 1 hour to complete.